Thursday, May 16, 2019

sacred shrine


Today on Sandra Evertson's Muse Blog, I am sharing a sacred shrine,
my interpretation of the Relics & Artifacts Folk Art Retablo.
This is such an incredible laser cut piece with beautiful details and so many possibilities.
I hope that you can stop by to see the shrine and all of the special pieces contained within. You can get to the Muse Blog by clicking here.

My faith stands at the forefront in my life; it guides me, inspires me, and heals me.
When Relics & Artifacts introduced the Folk Art Retablo, I knew that I wanted to create a shrine to honor the Madonna, Holy Mary; and to do it in a way that would reflect the origins of the retablo and respect the style of its design....



materials:
Relics & Artifacts Folk Art Retablo
Relics & Artifacts Milagro I
Relics and Artifacts Mini Ex Voto
Relics and Artifacts Crosse Icons
Sandra Evertson Portugal Art Stamp
acrylic paints
brass nails
collage medium
crackle medium
crystal rhinestones
glass beads
jewelry findings
religious devotional items
wood glue
wood stain




2 comments:

Claudia N. said...

So cool! I really like this Folk Art Retablo kit - but I like even more what you did with it!
Great colour scheme and arrangement!
Claudia x

Dorthe said...

It is amazing Ann, such beautiful work, and details,- I love the gold, and Mother Mary , and your painting is simply fantastic !! Dorthe, xx