Wednesday, September 25, 2019

maiden voyage



"her maiden voyage"
~Ann Barnes

on her maiden voyage
all things bright and new
the sea of unchartered waters
drew her in yet made her blue

the currents tried to pull her
swirling this way and that
but she held steady to her course
knowing things, they do not last

of the many experiences, seen and heard
the parts that she holds tight
were the simple acts of kindness
the ones that made things right

it's the inner peace that matters
the one she's always had
the faith and hope and love,
putting good above the bad

her maiden voyage has ended
she has weathered the storm
and emerged victorious
for she has found her own


Today I am on the Relics & Artifacts Muse blog sharing a "cameo" I created with one of the pieces from the meerschaum reliquary kit, VerDay and a treasured piece of agate. 
I hope that you are able to stop by and discover my process and the inspiration behind it. 
You can get to the Muse post directly by clicking here.

My hope is for you to draw inspiration from the Relics & Artifacts blanks;
 to allow them to tell their stories through your eyes, and your art.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.
~Ann
  xxx

2 comments:

Nicole Palos said...

Stunning!

sarascloset said...

I visited the blog, and the details on this are stunning, Ann! I love your poem, too--so touching! You are a woman of many talents, and I'm so thankful you share them so freely with us!