Monday, August 27, 2018

MUSE of the deep - Relics & Artifacts MUSE guest ambassador post

Hi everyone, today I am honored to share with you that I have a guest ambassador post
on the Relics & Artifacts MUSE. I have always been awed by the beauty and incredible detail of Sandra Everton's pieces, and when I see the amazing artwork her deign ambassadors create with them, I am transported into the most magical of places. I hope that I am able to capture your imagination with my "MUSE of the deep." I am eager to share many more details and my step by step on the Relics & Artifacts Muse, you can access it by clicking here.


I am ever so grateful for the confidence that Relics & Artifacts had in me, allowing me this opportunity to create as a guest ambassador. This is the realization of a long time dream; it will most definitely always be a cherished experience.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you are able to hop over to R&A to catch all the details.
~Ann

List of supplies:

Sandra Evertson Relics & Artifacts: Coquille

alcohol ink: denim, mermaid, sailboat blue, stream
anita's all purpose pearl metallic craft paint
blank page muse stamps: vintage wavy banner line art rubber stamp
catherine moore character constructions stamp: she sells seashells #7
decocolor premium metallic oil paint marker: gold
distress ink: antique linen, crushed olive, faded jeans,
forest moss, gathered twigs, mowed lawn,  peeled paint
distress oxide ink: peeled paint, forest moss
distress paint: weathered wood
dciv mercury glass metallic foil cardstock
emerald creek/seth apter baked texture: dirty sand
gansai tambi watercolors: starry colors
mona lisa gold leaf
sizzix/tim holtz alterations: funky florals 1 & 3, garden greens
sizzix/tim holtz 3d impresslits: provincial mini
tattered angels verdigris glimmer mist
tim holtz ideaology: baubles, paper stash metallic kraft, vignette box
yupo paper     

10 comments:

sarascloset said...

Oh, darn, Ann! I just left you a nice long hunk of love over at R and A, and poof! Anyway, I wanted to say your story and resultant vignette you created are magnificent! I love the touches of gold on the shell and how you've made the luck charm/mini Madonna look so worn and aged. Perfect details throughout and a fabulous tutorial! You have certainly done R & A proud! sending hugs!

Jackie PNeal said...

Ann, you truly rocked out this piece! I totally love everything about it and could not be happier for you that you are a guest designer on R&A! You go girlfriend!
Sending you huge hugs and hopes & wishes that your life is going well Feel the hug?
Jackie xoxo

ann barnes said...

Thank you so very much Sara Emily! I don't believe I have authorization to reply on their blog, but I have been checking in and will be sure to stop over again! Thank you so much for wonderful kindness, it honestly does mean the world to me. I am thrilled that you like the piece and honored that you would give me such a compliment. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! ~Ann xxx

ann barnes said...

Jackie, so many thanks, You have been one of my biggest fans along this creative journey and I must say it means the world to me. I was thrilled to be asked to do a guest ambassador post for them and it was such an honor. The R&A line is stunning in every way so creating with the pieces was a such treat! Thank you again so much, for everything, but above all, your kindness! ~Ann xxx (and yes, totally feel the hug!)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Congrats on the guest spot, and WOW what a make! LOVE the tail swooshing by, and the shell shrine is brilliant...so cool!

ann barnes said...

Anita, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I am so happy that you like it, it truly was a joy to make. I really appreciate you stopping by! ~Ann xx

SewPaperPaint said...

I loved seeing your process photos Ann! Biggest congratulations on the guest spot. Your assemblage is truly inspiring. Big hugs, Autumn

ann barnes said...

Thank you so much my friend! I am so happy that you visited to see all the details, this was definitely an experience I will treasure! Hugs, Ann. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Congratulations on your ambassadorial post! How wonderful to realise a dream, and what an underwater treasure you've created for R&A. I'm off to see all the details.
Alison x

ann barnes said...

Alison, I am thrilled that you enjoyed my Muse project, and I am so thankful for your visit to the R&A blog and wonderful comment. It is truly and greatly appreciated! hugs, Ann xx