Thursday, April 25, 2024

vintage PaperArtsy

Hi everyone, the current topic over at the PaperArtsy blog is Vintage PaperArtsy stamps. This topic had me thinking contemporary ways to use these incredible vintage style images.

 
I decided I would try my hand at making a modern jewelry piece with resin; a clean and simple design that will allow the image to be the main focus. I learned a lot with this project, especially when it came to stamping on non-porous surfaces. While the process was definitely a struggle for me, the modern filmstrip jewelry pieces turned out better than I had hoped, definitely showcasing the vintage stamped image in a contemporary light.

I would love for you to visit the PaperArtsy blog to check out my process and see the different pieces that I created. You can read the blog here.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that maybe this will inspire you to try something new with your own vintage stamps, or maybe even with a few new ones. I love the different collections available from PaperArtsy, there is a style to fit any need.  

~Ann











No comments: